Featured Post

The Purpose

When I got my first Pellet grill in 2014, this BBQ stuff was so new to me.  I thought BBQ was Dogs, Burgers and steak.  I never realized all...

Thursday, August 2, 2018

17 lbs of Pork Butt can you say Pulled Pork


I put 17 lbs of Pork butt on my Pro 24 about 5:15 am.

Its a fairly simple cook 225 until its done.  I look for an Internal Tempeeture of about 203.  I am expecting a 10 to 12 hour cook.

I may wrap depending on temp if it goes past 430pm. I may also raise to 250 at the 6 or 8 hour mark.

I currently have 8 beef hotdogs and 1 sweet potato on the warming rack.  I expect the hot dogs to take 30 to 45 minutes and the sweet potato 2 to 3 hrs.  If you got space on the pit use it.

I also put some yukon golds on the warming rack they took about 2 hours.

I meant to smoke some eggs as well but got busy and forgot.

So I started the Pro 24 at 445 am, I put the butts on at 515 am.  I pulled the smaller butt at 430 pm and the larger one at 6pm over 13 hrs  on the pit.

After resting in a cooler wrapped in foil the 1st butt was shredded at 6pm and the 2nd butt at 7pm. I always let them rest at least an hour.

I pretty much stuck to 225 the whole time no wrap but I did spray with apple juice a few times

No comments:

Post a Comment